Thursday, February 7, 2013

100 Word Challenge BT Isabelle


SKI MYSTERY

There I was on the mountain slopes,
weaving and swaying across the thick layer of snow.
I heard somewhere that Greenlanders have no one word for snow, why? I dont know.


Testing this theory, there I was last week on the Alpine slopes, skiing with my family,
just thinking about the swishing and swaying of
the skis on what we call snow.


I was looking and listening to the silence of
the mountains when I realized that this was not silent!
Out of the blue, or should I say out of the white,
there were 2 brown specs coming towards me
"What were they???"

2 comments:

  1. Dear Isabelle,
    Thank you so much for writing this poem; knowing you, I can just imagine you 'swishing and swaying' down the ski slopes!
    Brilliant!
    Mrs T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your opening lines, Isabelle. And I like the way you listen to the silence. Do you mean specs as in spectacles, I wonder, or specks?!

    ReplyDelete