Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Book Review by Driti - 'Trapped' by Cate Carlisle



To say the truth, I can’t go past a Cate Carlisle book. The minute I opened the book, I have to admit that I found the start a bit boring. However, as I moved on to the next chapter, I was completely addicted to it. I read on and on, and I had to stop in between for a few moments to take in all the excitement!

In the book “Trapped”, we follow a 16-year old girl named Cate. She is working on a yacht, for a British supermodel and actress, Nancy Kyle!  But she soon discovers this yacht may appear to be ordinary, but it is filled with spies and secrets. Marcus the cook is one example.
When Cate notices him talking to a mysterious man in the middle of the night, her adventure starts.

From a normal school girl, she transforms herself into a remarkably brave spy. With the help of her brother she sets out to save some rare animals which turns out to be her most dangerous task yet. More risky ones lay ahead of her.

I was delighted to learn that there just wasn’t one breath-taking book “Trapped”, but also “Deep waters” and “Viper’s nest, sequels to it. If you are interested in thriller books, this female version of the famous series “Alex Rider” is the one for you to try out!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much for this book review; I am so pleased that I discovered Cate Carlisle and that you enjoyed reading the book, too. The sequel will be arriving soon!

    Mrs T.

    ReplyDelete