Saturday, March 9, 2013

100 Word Challenge BT Zain


Too weary to die, too tired to live

 The monster was getting nearer and nearer; I was exhausted by the time Ego reached two staircases. I had to make a decision before the half werewolf, quarter Frankenstein and quarter mutant stalled with me. Think. Right or left, I chose right: it was the last place the beast would go because of the vegetation; no. The ‘Freakenstein’ was now standing exactly in front of me!  I was too petrified to sense anything so I ran back, threw myself into a thorny bush and waited for my eyes to close… they didn’t…          

2 comments:

  1. Where did you find 'waited for my eyes to close'? You managed to create a terrific atmosphere with this price of writing, Zain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work Zain - Great title, which drew me in from the start. You describe the scene very well, you have a great vocabulary and you use it well. The last sentence has a real sense of fear about it - 'They didn't..' Very chilling. Well done!

    ReplyDelete